Monday, May 12, 2014

the cliff

Yesterday I had a weird dream. I dreamed of faces I don't know, places I have never been to and things that I have never done. I was struggling in the dream, I was fighting, kicking, running and chasing. If that's all the dream was about, I would have accepted it with a smile and forgotten about it by now. But it wasn't. There was so much more to this dream that I would ever know, everything was mixed up with overwhelming emotions, confusions and distortions. I felt a strong sense of longing and yet I didn't know why. So I cried. I cried because I saw you fall from that cliff, your body vanishing from my sight. I cried because a part of me died the moment you disappeared, and a part of me raged in the most unfathomable way. When you fell, what fell with you was my hope of the happy life we could have lived together,my key to freedom and my escape. I don't even know who you are, and yet the moment I saw you, I felt like you are the meaning I've been searching for. If life was a movie, my scene only begins when you enters. And yet it lasted only for a fleeting moment, and before I knew it, you have fell from the cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment